Queen Elizabeth School’s Sports Colours are the ultimate sporting accolade for any student that represents the school.
The aim of the School Sports Colours is to reward students who make an outstanding contribution to sport within the school. Colours will represent and reflect the very best achieving students within the school. Colours are to be seen as a real challenge for students to aspire to and are difficult to receive. Colours are for school representation only, not for contributions made in House Competitions. Awards will be presented in House Assemblies at the end of each term.
School Sports Colours will be categorised into 3 different colours:
- Half Colours (bronze badges)
- Full Colours (silver badges)
- Gold Colours (gold badges)
Colours are awarded for high performance in a number of the following sports or activities:
- Main curricular sports: Athletics, Cross Country, Netball, Basketball, Football, Rugby, Cricket and Rounders.
- Other representative sports: Badminton, Gymnastics, Tennis, Table Tennis, Trampolining, Skiing, Swimming and Golf (additional sports will be considered).
Sports Colours Criteria:
- The student has participated in 75% or more fixtures for a single sport or event over a two-year period.
- The student has participated in 50% of fixtures across three different sports over a two-year period.
- The student has represented the county in their chosen sport over a two-year period.
- The student has shown good leadership skills and qualities.
- The student has shown high levels of dedication and determination to succeed in an individual or team sport.
- The student has to have set an exceptional example: they have been a good ‘role model' for the rest of the school.
- The student has to have been highly motivated and shown a positive attitude towards their sport in both training and matches.
- The student has shown exceptional sportsmanship and has represented the school with dignity and maturity.
The Teacher in Charge of a sport may nominate a student in their particular sport who has fulfilled at least two of the above criteria components (one red, one black).
The Teacher in Charge of a sport may nominate a student in their particular sport who has fulfilled at least four of the selection criteria components (one red, three black).
These are awarded to students who have met the requirements of a Full Colours Badge in at least three sports or who have further excelled to a regional or national level in their individual sport.